Sunday, March 13 | 2:00 pm
St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church
285 Church St.
Hartford, CT 06103
The 2016 Women Composers Festival of Hartford will close with a concert of music for voice and piano, carefully chosen from the multitude of wonderful submissions we received for our score call for up to four women’s voices and piano or subset. Pianist Miguel Campinho will accompany WCFH vocalists Charity Clark, Anna Hayrapetyan, Amanda Kohl, Rachel Love, and Theresa Pilz. A full list of the winners of this international score call is available on our website and facebook page.
The concert will take place at St. Patrick/St. Anthony Church and will be followed by a recpetion hosted by their Director of Music Minstry Gabriel Löfvall, along with members of the WCFH board. We hope you will take this opportunity to get to know our composers and performers! A portion of all proceeds from the Festival will go to support Catherine’s Place, a women’s shelter supported by St. Patrick/St. Anthony Church.
- Elizabeth Austin – “Sonnets from the Portuguese”
- Erica Ball: “Babblings of the Moon”
- Jennifer Bellor: “Songs of Ethereality”
- Mel Fitzhugh: “If I Were a Jellyfish”
- Cheryl Frances-Hoad: “One Life Stand” (excerpts)
- Jessica A. Hunt: “Death Is…”
- Eun Young Lee: “Schliesse mir die Augen beide“
- Wendy Wan-Ki Lee: “The Wild Swans at Coole”
- Tawnie Olson: “Le Revenant”
- Jamie Leigh Sampson: “Concealed Imaginings”